PROFESSIONAL SERVICE FOR YOUR TREASURED QUILTS
We are pleased to offer professional, edge to edge, long arm quilting services on our BERNINA Q-Series machines with Q-matic.
These professional machines are the finest Swiss-crafted automated long arms available.
Our professional quilters take extra special care of your quilts and carefully handle them as if they were their own.
No quilt ever leaves the shop, and you can drop off and pick up during any of our regular hours, no appointment necessary!
BATTING IS INCLUDED IN OUR PRICES!
We use Quilters Dream Blend 80/20 batting. It is the perfect blend of 80% high grade long staple USA cotton fiber paired with 20% fine denier poly microfiber for a soft, silky batting that drapes beautifully and breathes well. The long staple cotton fiber reduces shrinkage and adds stability. The poly micro fibers add loft and resistance to creases/wrinkles. Our proprietary blended fibers are specially carded, cross-lapped, and needle-punched for strength, consistency, and a beautiful soft drape. There are no scrims, glues, or other binders used in this professionally preferred batting.
Other battings including wool, 100% cotton, bamboo, dream green ecofriendly (made from recycled plastic bottles) fire retardant or dream poly are also available, prices will be adjusted accordingly.
Quilting designs are digital and will be stitched with Bernina Q -Matic on one of our Q series professional tables. Top quality Isacord polyester thread is included, we will choose a complimentary color to blend with your quilt. Top and bottom threads will be the same color.
WE HAVE DESIGNS
FOR EVERY QUILT
Swipe through our library of longarm quilting designs below or click here to download a PDF with our complete collection to peruse and choose your favorite!
If there are any "special" designs that you might want please contact us at email@example.com and we will contact you with some additional choices.
PROPER PREPARATION OF YOUR QUILT TOP AND QUILT BACK ARE ESSENTIAL TO A GOOD RESULT.
LONG ARM QUILTING ELIMINATES THE NEED TO PIN OR BASTE YOUR QUILT TOP.
THERE ARE A FEW PREPARATION STEPS TO INSURE YOUR QUILT TURNS OUT FABULOUS!
- For best results and to avoid additional charges, we ask that quilt tops are brought in clean, pressed, and free of noticeable lint and loose threads, both front and back.
- Please do not pin or baste layers together.
- The backing should measure at least eight inches longer and eight inches wider than your quilt top. For example, if your quilt measures 60″ x 80″, the backing should measure at least 68″ x 88″.
- Prewashing is not necessary, however, If you have pre-washed any of the fabrics in your quilt it is recommended that you pre-wash all of them, including your backing fabric.
- Press seams well. Be sure the top lies flat as possible. While our professionals will do their best ripples and excess fabric may not quilt out completely flat.
- Check your piecing for open seams as you work, making sure all seams are sewn closed.
- The top should be free of embellishments such as buttons, beads, crystals, etc.
- We do not quilt any tops that are made from recycled jeans.
- Please purchase quilting quality fabrics for backing, we will not accept bed sheets, fleece or blankets for quilt backs. We have a good selection of wide goods and other fabrics in the shop including some sale fabrics that you will find suitable to match your quilt top. Backing fabrics will be 25% (regular price) off when you have us quilt your tops.
- Clip all loose threads from the front, back, and edges of your quilt. This is especially important if you have a dark color thread behind a light colored fabric, as it may show through after being quilted.
- If your quilt has a specific direction it should be loaded on to the machine, please be sure to tell us when dropping off your quilt.
- If your quilt is directional please pin a paper to the top edge marked "TOP".